Friday, April 10, 2015

Holy Week ~ Illustrated Faith ~ A Journaling Journey

Sharing my pages from Holy Week that I have created using many different art mediums. As I grow in my knowledge of all of the different, markers And pencils And paints ....oh my, I also grow in my knowledge of the scriptures and how they lead, guide and remind me of God's love, grace and forgiveness. It's a win, win situation. Learning to F.R.O.G with discipline more and more each day.
To see how other express their faith with their bible journals visit the  Illustrated Faith site for some amazing creations!

Palm Sunday
Using the Worship Folder from the service I created a keepsake of sorts of a hymn and prayers . I used colored pencils  to highlight the text. I thought the colors looked like stained glass like the windows in the church.
The prayer card slides out of the pocket . I used scrapbook paper and decorative trim to complete the look.
The card flips over so the entire text can be viewed. Using more scrapbook card stock, sticky letters and a stamp pad, the back of this card is pretty to look at.


A Guide To Holy Week


 My bible is a study bible not a journaling bible and it has this nifty guide to all of the Holy Week scriptures and timelines all on one page. The butterflies were made using a punch. I had so many of them from another project....they belong flying around on the Resurrection section of the page.


This heart is cut from a paper towel that was used to wipe up spilled easter egg dye as we were dyeing eggs. After it dried it looked so colorful and I saved it. 


Maundy Thursday


I used a paper called vellum as an overlay for the photo and drawing .


I used the Resurrection Egg objects to create a scene reminding me of what took place that evening.
The Supper~ The Betrayal~The Garden~The Paschal Lamb~Jesus


Good Friday


I used water colors in shades of red to symbolize blood, marks from the flogging and whipping. I printed a graphic I found on Pinterest using vellum paper and shaded with colored pencils. I used my heart stamps to make a column of LOVE. He Loves Me! He Loves You! The vellum page pulls down so you can see the entire page.


This is the back of the page. I created another scene using the Resurrection Egg objects.
The Whip~The Nails~The Spear~The Crown of Thorns~The Slain Lamb~Blood Stained
FOR ME and YOU!


The Resurrection!



I wanted to see how my watercolors would cover parchment paper..you know the paper you bake cookies on! I wanted to create a sunrise . I used the tomb picture from the worship folder from Easter Sunday. Tore the edges to give to some depth. I used clear stamps on my new acrylic stamping pads. I love that you can see where you are stamping...but I used a little too much pressure as I stamped. I used colored pencils to highlight The Resurrection text. Tabs at the top and side give the page some texture.

He Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed, Alleluia!










No comments:

Post a Comment