Sunday, April 19, 2015

Leaving a Legacy of FAITH

While shopping this weekend I found this great journal. The cover is cloth and the pages are much like scrapbooking paper. I am a lover of scrapbooks and bible journaling so of course I bought it.
As I pondered how to use this journal I kept looking at the cover ....the butterflies are a reminder of new life....Faith ~ Hebrews 11:1. The butterflies also remind me of our flower garden in the back yard. My granddaughter helped me create a beautiful space with plants that would attract the butterflies and hummingbirds. Then I had that Ah Hah moment! My new journal would not be mine. I will create pages for my sweet most precious granddaughter.  Walking In Faith, ~ Taking a Faith Walk and what happens when we do take those steps, especially those HUGE first steps?
Will she walk through muddy puddles? Yes she will. Can her great big messes that she makes in her life be turned into Hope and Forgiveness? Yes , they can! Should she spend less time asking God for answers and more time listening to what He has to say? Yes, she should.
This journal I will give to her as a Legacy of Faith.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

This is the inside first page. The theme for the page is from Luke 1:37. I used many types of craft supplies to illustrated what was on my heart and in my head.  Each week I will decorate a cover page for the posts that will follow for the coming week. Each week I will journal about my faith walk, my struggles, my failures...telling her my story of my faith. A gift that I am so excited to give her.

So now my sweetness, may your 
Faith be always be bigger than your Fear !
















No comments:

Post a Comment