Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Eggs are now Egg Salad!


So, it is the second day of our week after Easter Sunday and the time has come to do something with all of the dyed Easter eggs that are now sitting in the fridge awaiting their transformation. My family loves deviled eggs and egg salad so... for today ...all of those beautiful colored eggs will become egg salad.

Egg salad made with dyed eggs is so colorful..I can see most of the rainbow!

Now......I can not make deviled eggs or egg salad without my handy dandy egg slicer from Pampered Chef.  Well,  I could but  boy does this little gadget speed up the process. It's the best thing next to sliced bread.

So , I am eating smaller portions of food these days and the robin's egg blue bowl is so pretty and just the right size to hold the Easter Egg egg salad. Normally, I would have my egg salad as a sandwich with bacon . Yummy! But today I need a healthier option. Using those left over napkins too. So cute. I think I will have enough to last the rest of the week.

Now if you have never made egg salad, here is my way of preparing it.
 1. Peel the eggs and wash the eggs to make sure that there are no shell pieces hanging around.
2. Get out the handy dandy egg slicer and slice one egg at a time. If you do not have this gadget then slice/chop your boiled peeled eggs into small pieces. 3. I use a cap full of apple cider vinegar  
 ( the cap form the vinegar bottle) and add to the eggs. 4. Season with pepper. 5. Add mayo...we prefer Dukes. To get the consistency that we like I add the mayo, one Tablespoon at a time and stir. The more mayo the runnier it will be...as Mr. B would say. Keep it chilled in the fridge for a couple of days....but at my house it doesn't last that long.

Now my friend Mrs. Dianne is a great Southern cook...in fact she blogs all about Southern cooking and our Southern traditions. She has some great recipes for all of those great meals that you might have had as a child or at grandmother's.


Find her post of A Southern Tradition-Deviled Eggs at





Along with left over eggs, ham, napkins etc I have left over stickers from some of my Grand Girl's eggs that she got at our church egg hunt. Actually these are just a sampling but LOOKIE  at the cute F.R.O G. stickers. We will be using these in a journaling activity that the two of us will be beginning soon. Stay tuned for that.

Journaling With Jesus..Illustrating My Faith!

Kids Easter Journal Page


This is a j.peg file that I created and you can scale on your print menu to print any size. It will print 8x10 size if you do not scale. This would be a excellent addition to your child's bible journal library or just a cute page for the kiddos to color to celebrate our Lord's Resurrection!  This is one of the prints that will be used to kick off my new Journaling with Jesus for Kids .... Illustrating My Faith Curriculum! I am so excited to give our "little pollywogs" another way to grow in their faith as they learn more of His Love, His Forgiveness, His Grace and His Mercy. 
If you want to see how the grown ups are doing it visit the Illustrated Faith site.
More to Come!


PicMonkey was used to create this Journaling page. Clip art from My Cute Graphics
















No comments:

Post a Comment