Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Palm Sunday ~ Bible Journaling

My bible has lots of stuff in it....notes, pictures, cards, a new $1 bill and I am not sure why but it is there. My bible is a study bible with lots of scripture underlined . My bible was and still is a text book of sorts. I no longer have graded test on the Old and New Testaments but I always learn something new each time I open to read.
There are new bibles on the market now with larger margins on each side for note taking or "journaling" as we now call it. And there is a new term for doodling in your bible, " Illustrated Faith". I am part of a bible journaling community on Facebook and you should she some of the wonderful illustrated faith posts that folks are making. I will post some on this page. You will say,                       " shut the door" . Their bibles are becoming works of art....very expressive. I love it!
I choose not to buy a new journaling bible but to use my old one..you know, the one with the $1 bill in it for no reason. I am finding ways to illustrate what scriptures are special to me so I came up with a scrapbook way of illustrating.
Illustrated Faith is really a bible study on it's own. Expressing what the scripture means using different forms of art......in your bible. How great is that!

This is my Palm Sunday page. I cut up the Sunday worship folder from church . I choose  one of my favorite palm Sunday hymns and mounted it on some scrapbooking card stock  that I had. Several prayers were placed in a cute pocket card mounted on card stock with pretty trim added.
I used colored pencils to color on top of the Palm Sunday scripture.....colors of the stain glass in the church windows.

The card slides out to reveal the prayers .


The card is attached with washi tape so it can be flipped over to read the bible text. I decorated the back of the pocket with sticker letters and more card stock.


Here is my Journaling page on Pinterest. " Shut the Door"

Illustrated Faith Goodness ! Click here.















No comments:

Post a Comment