Friday, March 18, 2016

FAITHbooking with Hymns of Hope



Last year I bought this Project Life notebook filled with all kinds of journaling goodness and it was on close out ....bought it!
Over the months I found myself taking from it...using some of the tags and pockets, etc for other journaling projects.
But for today it will be repurposed and used as a holder for my FAITHbooking pages.
I haven't decide how I want the cover to look.....so for now it remains the same.


The pages are made from heavy weight shiny card stock. 
One side is a calendar the other is decorative. 
I covered the calendar side with printed scrapbook paper that I already had and left the back side as it is. 



The theme for the page is Hymns of Hope.
I printed some of my Grandmother's favorite hymns found online.
I decided to focus on a hymn called The Solid Rock ....it speaks of Hope and Christ being our solid rock.
My Grandmother had a strong faith. I give thanks that I had many years with her..many memories!

I cut out part of the hymn so it would fit on the page.
I drew two hearts and painted inside with watercolors ...colors of church windows.
I outlined with a black marker and added the names of some of Grandmother's favorite hymns,
 How Great Thou Art...she loved to watch Billy Graham and hear George Beverley Shea sing. 
Just As I Am ..the go to alter call hymn for most Southern Baptists.
I used washi tape to re enforce the holes where the notebook rings will go.



The back side of the page is pretty busy.
It is layered with washi tape, stamps and crocheted flowers. My Grandmother had many of those crocheted doilies that she placed on her side tables for decoration. These little flowers remind me of those doilies.
I used a variety of alpha stickers to build the first lines of the hymn.
I used my Illustrated Faith stamps to create the joy, faith and love wording. I thought the black was too black so I stamped some purple flowers over them. 
I used the free printable HOPE card also from Illustrated Faith to fill in at the bottom. 
As I was taking pictures of the finished page for this blog I noticed that the word righteousness did not look right...and of course I left out the letter "s" that should come after the letter "u". The only remedy was to squeeze it in. It works. Anything goes! It's all good!


The Project Life notebook came with many fun pockets in several sizes. This one is perfect for holding copies of the hymns. I dressed up the front with a heart cut from one of the hymns called What A Friend We Have In Jesus. We sang this gym at my father-in-laws funeral.


Added a tab at the top labeled "hope" and a pretty paperclip bow on the side. 


I love the size of the pages. A bit smaller than a bible page but large enough for journaling and art .

For those who might be uncomfortable writing, coloring or glueing things in their bibles...FAITHbooking is another great way to tell your faith story, a creative expression of a spiritual journey using scripture, hymns, photos, art and craft supplies.
I love to journal in my bible and I love to scrapbook. FAITHbooking is a happy mix of both.

And so, Lord, where do I put my HOPE ? My only HOPE is in you.
~ Psalm 39:7 ~




No comments:

Post a Comment