Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tending The Flame 2015 Reflections

Study Bible, Bible Study Journal, Legacy of Faith Journal, Daily Devotional and the Little Pink Book of  Scriptures and Prayers. I find God there. 


I just returned from a great inspirational conference where I had the awesome opportunity of sharing my version of Bible Journaling ~ Finding God,  with some pretty special men and women who came from our Southeastern District States to attend the Summer Outreach Conference, Tending The Flame.

Some highlights that were meaningful to me:

 *Visual Prayer
It is visual because you are seeing your prayers.
Meditative because you revisit your prayers.
It is a process not a product.
A picture of how the Holy Spirit has moved your heart.

Resources to consider:
Praying In Color: Drawing a new path to God by Sybil McBeth

Why Pray? by John DeVries
Found at Amazon. Available in hard/soft cover and Kindle edition.



* Tell Your Story 
We all have a story of how God has worked in our lives.
Tell it! Share it! To our neighbors and our friends.

* The Good Shepherd 
The Good Shepherd is calling us to have FIRE IN OUR BELLY for those who are lost and without Jesus. We love them. We pray for them!

* A Different Lens For Viewing


Take a look at the world through the lens of the cross, See others with this finder.


*Reflections


Even in my last minute preparations, God was still connecting the dots for me!


My daily devotion form Guideposts pops up as I am preparing resource packets. This was the perfect opening prayer/devotion that I was needing for the first day. Pablo Diaz reminds us that just like our physical bodies need to stay hydrated, so does our Spirit! Psalm 42:1 states "As the deer pants for streams of water so my soul pants for you, O God". I hydrate my Spirit with Bible Journaling. Using the gifts of creativity to glorify Him. I find God ...In my Journals.


*To Follow Up:
View my Pinterest Bible Journaling Boards for Inspiration

During the workshops I gave away several of these mini New Testaments as gifts. The company that I  originally ordered from have sold out of these little gems already but I have found another source that  has them today. Ordered yours here.
  • TNIV New Testament 
  • New format provides an entire blank page to journal, take notes, or sketch opposite every page of Scripture
  • Elastic closure for security
  • Elastic bands on spine holds pen or pencil 
  • Accordion pocket for extra notes 
  • Ribbon marker 
  • Hardcover Bonded Leather, Navy Blue 
  • 3.25" x 6.75" x 0.75
  • 6-point type

*Let's Stay Connected








No comments:

Post a Comment